There’s no getting around the changing seasons in Lafayette, it’s something we all have to be ready for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the front of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your cooling system. This, of course, means that it’s the perfect time to think about annual air conditioner service as well, but probably not in the way that you had possibly thought.
Energy savings comes in various shapes and forms, including:
- Air Conditioner Service. Many homeowners only associate air conditioner service with changing out filters, but having a tune-up completed can help your system run more smoothly, providing you with efficient comfort that may help you save on your monthly cooling costs.
- Take It Down A Notch. Adjusting the temperature on your thermostat even a few degrees could help you save consistently month after month. It’s pretty evident, but when your system doesn’t have to operate as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy expenses.
- Filters. Another simple fix that most every homeowner can complete on their own, changing air conditioner filters every month or two during the cooling season helps air pass through more smoothly, making less work for your air conditioner.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s easy to lose a lot of your cooled air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to utilize caulk and weatherstripping to close those annoying holes and keep the cool air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your AC Sales technician stops by for your annual air conditioner service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are out there. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping reduce your monthly energy bills.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list the end-all be-all, but there are a few basic ways to help boost your comfort when the temperatures dip in Lafayette. Whether you’re calling to set up annual air conditioner service or simply want to know which air conditioner filter is ideal for your system, give the pros at AC Sales a call at (337) 234-2345 or schedule an appointment online to start saving a little more today.