Summer is upon us! Many of us are ready for warmer weather and some peaceful summer days. To optimize your comfort and actually relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a great summer in Lafayette is a dependable, efficient air conditioner. While AC Sales always recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner functioning this season.
- First, another opportunity to remind you of the golden rule of HVAC: inspect your air filter regularly! Replace your air filter in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Take the cover off your air conditioning unit if you had it covered for the winter. Turning on your air conditioner before removing the cover can severely damage it and result in costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s functionality. mow the grass, remove any debris and eliminate overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you run it this summer. Be sure to check the surroundings at least monthly to keep it open and increase airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is operating efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to establish that all that cooled air is going where you need it and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider putting in a programmable thermostat to provide assistance to manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These easy steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable during the warmer weather. If you would like to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you would like any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call AC Sales in Lafayette at (337) 234-2345 today.