In Lafayette you count on your furnace
to keep you comfortable throughout the chilly time of year. If it’s been a while since you had a standard maintenance appointment for your f
urnace, you could be needing a furnace repair
visit in the near future. At the very least, you might have a dirty air filter, which can block air flow and effect your furnace’s performance. It could even produce problems with your furnace’s threshold switch, which controls furnace operation.
There are a few other reasons you may call for a furnace repair. We’ve assembled some signs for you to look for. The earlier you can call for a heat pump service, the better. Call in an expert, like AC Sales, if you notice any of these indicators:
- Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating properly. Is it running enough? Is it working all the time? Is the air blowing through as easily as it should, or does it seem tired? Indications related to your blower could signify a bit of a problem with your air filter or the interior blower.
- Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Are you turning up the thermostat again and again, but you’re still cool? This could be a issue with your thermostat. It may be that your furnace is too small for your home. It may even be a problem with your gas source or your pilot light, among other things.
- Your furnace is loud. If your furnace starts operating loudly or producing noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be a problem.
- You smell gas. You absolutely don’t want to meddle with this one. If you smell gas, cut off your furnace immediately and turn off its gas supply. Stay clear from lighting matches or turning on lights until your HVAC technician or your gas company checks it.
- You find water pooling around your furnace. Often times this is a blocked condensation line. This could need both plumbing and HVAC pros to solve.
- Your utility bill keeps growing. If your bill is rising, but your usage is not, there could be a series of complications. Your HVAC technician will help find out what’s going wrong.
Now that you’ve read these signs, you’ll know when you need to schedule furnace repair. And we’re here when you need it. Call AC Sales at (337) 234-2345 when you need to setup repairs or regular maintenance.