As warmer weather rolls around, you may be considering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Lafayette? Even if your air conditioning system is newer or was cooling just fine last season.
Here’s one method to look at it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new car and never expect to schedule any service for it, such as putting in fresh oil or putting on new tires.
The same is applicable to your AC. It’s a piece of equipment that needs fuel and has moving parts. Like a automobile, it can develop leaks and its moving components can malfunction.
Having your system inspected yearly by a AC Sales expert can help locate small issues before they turn into large malfunctions. (And cause your unit to stop working!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your AC is located outside, it’s more vulnerable to experiencing a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can majorly impact your system’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, we suggest calling a pro to take care of complicated internal parts.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that collect in your equipment can force it to work harder and lower airflow. Both these problems can cause increased energy needs—and a bigger energy bill!
- It could lengthen your equipment’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and could even help it run longer. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly cooling expenses and in the long-term, since you won’t have to install new equipment as fast.
- It helps spot small problems before they become major, expensive issues. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will closely examine pieces and perform a cycle of air conditioning performance checks. These detailed procedures often allow us to find problems before they lead to large issues that lead to an expensive repair bill.
- It helps ensure worry-free comfort throughout the summer. After your AC is tuned up, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your equipment is set to provide worry-free air. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers expect regular maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this tune-up, your unit is open to advanced meltdowns and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A quality AC maintenance should have an examination and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the things we’ll perform:
We’ll check the ensuing locations and parts:
- Total unit state
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the work we’ll complete:
- Put in new air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lubricate moving parts
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Tune-Up Now with AC Sales
Today is the perfect time to book your AC maintenance! Give our AC Sales pros a ring at (337) 234-2345 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. Before we arrive at your house, don’t forget to browse our exclusive offers for savings on your next maintenance.