With warmer weather nearby, now is the time to prepare your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is working at its best, it can cut a significant amount off your energy expenses! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit is in need of service, it could drastically heighten your expenses and cause unnecessary and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your AC Sales specialist perform air conditioning service
at least yearly is key to keeping your system working at its best for a long time. He or she can ensure the unit is operating correctly and can identify looming problems before they happen, saving you even more money.
Your expert air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to scheduling your skilled air conditioning service, there are tasks you can do now and intermittently throughout the year to make sure your air conditioner is at its best.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you kept it covered during cooler months. Running your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it may harm your system and end with the need for major repairs or even replacement.
- Clear the area around your AC. Be sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing too close to your AC unit because they might obstruct airflow through your AC. Also ensure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch obstructing any aspect of it.
Throughout the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or swapped out during your professional air conditioning service, it’s important for you to look at them every month and change them per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Every home has it’s own needs when talking about air filter replacement, varying on aspects like owning house pets or having home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned on a regular basis will also be sure your air conditioner is able to operate efficiently and will help you have a comfy home. By following these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to make sure your air conditioner will be prepared for whatever summer has in store. Give the team at AC Sales a call at (337) 234-2345.