Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little unluckiness, but we sometimes see heat pump troubles in Lafayette during the cooler months, when they’re necessary to keep you toasty. While you know the team at AC Sales will forever be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to double check a repair is needed and save yourself some cash if it’s not. We’ve gathered this checklist of things to test before you give us a call.
- It may sound silly, but make sure everything is set to “on”. We’ve been to several calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is turned off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t kicked on, return to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, boost the temperature by five degrees to check if it turns on.
- If everything looks right, check your heat pump switch (if it has one) and test the fuses and circuit breaker that protect the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to not work?
- Try replacing the battery, if it has one.
- Examine your air filters inside your air handler to confirm they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve moved through this checklist and you still need a heat pump repair, call AC Sales at (337) 234-2345 and we’ll restore your home back to the welcoming and cozy place you expect this time of year.