Having standard air conditioning service done at least yearly can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Lafayette summer, have the experts at AC Sales perform your yearly air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be done during a proper air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Look for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if required, look for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, reclaim any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, as opposed to illegally releasing it to the air.
- Check for efficient airflow through the system.
- Check the right electric control sequence to make sure of correct sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Inspect the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters regularly is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that simple can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to run at top efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it regularly. We advise looking at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually demands cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual influences in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call AC Sales today at (337) 234-2345.