During the colder Lafayette months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your system breaks down and evolves into your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen to you, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. Nonetheless, if it occurs, a simple call to AC Sales will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got some signs you should watch for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call AC Sales as soon as possible if you observe any of these problems:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that produces a flame and keep your lights off until your furnace can be inspected by an experienced HVAC professional or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re constantly turning up the thermostat, yet you remain cold, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a symptom of a problem with your thermostat, it may also mean your furnace is not the right size for your home.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you notice a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s louder than normal, it’s probably time for a repair visit.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but see an increase in your utility costs, there are a few different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from AC Sales can identify what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running constantly, you could have a problem. It may be a something as small as an air filter problem or something as big as a motor problem. We’ll help you find out what the problem is.
Now that you know how to tell when you need a furnace repair, call us and we’ll be there to help. If your furnace is operating fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call AC Sales at (337) 234-2345 or schedule an appointment with us online.