As springtime begins, you could be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Lafayette? Even if your cooling system is recently purchased or was running just fine last year.
Here’s one approach to look at it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new automobile and never have to request any work for it, such as putting in fresh oil or putting on new tires.
The same is applicable to your AC. It’s equipment that consumes fuel and has moving pieces. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can break down.
Having your unit checked annually by a AC Sales technician can help spot minor issues before they turn into large meltdowns. (And cause your air conditioning to stop running!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your cooling system is located outdoors, it’s more susceptible to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can greatly affect your unit’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a pro to service intricate internal pieces.
- It keeps your equipment efficient. Dirt and yard debris that accumulate inside your equipment can make it work harder and decrease airflow. Both these issues can lead to higher energy needs—and a bigger utility bill!
- It could extend your system’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and might even help it work for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly electricity costs and over the years, because you won’t have to install new equipment as fast.
- It helps locate little issues before they become big, costly problems. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will closely examine pieces and complete a cycle of AC performance verifications. These all-inclusive procedures often allow us to locate troubles before they turn into major problems that result in a pricey repair bill.
- It helps ensure worry-free comfort throughout the warmest days. After your system is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your unit is ready to provide worry-free cooling. Even on the warmest days. It’s one of the best methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers expect regular maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this service, your unit is open to advanced breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A quality AC maintenance should involve an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC tech. Here’s some of the things we’ll complete:
We’ll inspect the subsequent locations and pieces:
- Full equipment condition
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the work we’ll do:
- Replace air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Grease moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Maintenance Today with AC Sales
Today is the greatest time to request your AC maintenance! Give our AC Sales pros a shout at (337) 234-2345 or contact us online to request your appointment. Before we visit your house, make sure to look at our exclusive offers for savings on your upcoming tune-up.